Insurance can be a concern for prospective clients. We are in-network with Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO, Blue Choice PPO, Aetna, Cigna and United/Optum. Certain Life Care therapists also are in-network with Medicare and Tricare.
We are out-of-network for other insurance plans, but we do accept them at the out-of-network benefit level.
Life Care Wellness files claims for our clients. (Regrettably we are unable to file claims for clients with HMO insurance except for BCBS-HMO clients receiving services from Sarah VanMeter, LCSW.)
While our biller will call to get your exact benefits, we recommend that you call your insurance company, as well (see the customer service 800 number on the back of your health insurance card or click on the links below) prior to your first session. This way you also will know what payments to expect. Good questions to ask your insurance customer service representative:
- Are my mental health benefits covered by you or outsourced (“carved out”) to another insurance carrier or administrator?
- What exactly are my (individual or family) mental health benefits for outpatient psychotherapy in an office setting?
- Is my therapist in-network or out-of-network with you?
- Do I need to pre-authorize services before I make an appointment?
- What is my deductible? What portion haven’t I met yet?
- Once my deductible is met, what will my co-pay or co-insurance be per visit?
- Does my benefit plan follow a calendar year system that starts in January or another system?
To look up your benefits, click the links below. For BCBS, Aetna, Cigna, United, Tricare, and Medicare, check “in-network” benefits. For other insurances, check “out-of-network” benefits:
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Illinois
- Blue Choice
- Private Health Care Systems/Multiplan
- United Behavioral Health
Life Care Wellness accepts payments in cash, check, debit or credit card, including most HSA/FHSA account cards. We appreciate your payment in cash or check whenever possible to help keep costs down.
Click here to read about your rights & protections against surprise medical bills.
Reduced fee services are available on a limited basis. Ask your therapist for more information if a reduced fee is needed.
Life Care counselors prioritize the time scheduled for your therapy and ask that you do, as well. Missing scheduled appointments without notification to your counselor at least 24 hours in advance will result in a charge for the full cost of your session, not just the copay. (Please note that these missed appointments are not covered by insurance plans.) In instances where a 24-hour cancellation notification is not possible, please discuss the specifics of the situation with your counselor. Ask your your counselor about the preferred method of cancellation (telephone, text or email).